Home > Norman Neasom Exhibition > Neasom. N (Watercolours) > 60 Cutsdean

60 Cutsdean by Paintings by Norman Neasom (1915 - 2010)

Cutsdean Village

Watercolour Signed and dated '60

Image 350mm x 530mm - Framed 590mm x 775mm

Cutsdean is a small village in the Cotswolds with the river Windrush running through it.

The church of St. James is situated in the farmyard of Cutsdean Farm was rebuilt in 1863-64 by Henry Day of Worcester, except for the West tower. This tower probably dates to the 14th Century and has battlements and gargoyles.

The church has a simple 19th Century interior. The font is 17th Century, made of stone and is of the chalice type. There are excellent examples of stained glass windows in the church attributed to Heaton, Butler & Bayne

The Cotswold and area of the river Windrush were amongst Norman’s favourite places as he could drive from his home in Redditch with his sketchbook and visit the local hostelry for lunch and a pint

Enquire - send an email to us